Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Due Date

Well, today was Bryn's due date. . . and nothing. We had an appointment with the doctor, to check the heartbeat and amniotic fluid. Everything was fine, indicating that the placenta is healthy and there is no need to induce pregnancy yet. We will go back in one week if nothing happens before then.

From my perspective, Bryn is having an incredibly easy pregnancy. You will have to ask her if she feels the same. She hasn't suffered from the usual problems; no morning sickness or back pains. She still moves around so well, that I sometimes forget she is pregnant. As fortunate as she has been, it is still a pregnancy, and I think she is ready to be finished. New challenges await right around the corner. The delivery. The new baby.

It was a beautiful day in Zurich today. Blue sky and below freezing, with snow on every surface to reflect the sunshine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, this is a time calling for patience when a much anticipated event has been postponed due to circumstances beyond your control!
I am so proud of the encouragement and love you have given Bryn, you are a wonderful husband and I am certain you will be an adoring Daddy too. I can assure you that I plan to be the doting Grandmother also. Well, let's just take a deep breath and wait for Isabella to decide she is ready to leave her safe home in Mommy and join us out here in the world. I love you. Mom Lorna

Karthik said...

Good luck to you and Bryn. We are eager as ever to see Isabella and her proud parents!

-Karthik and Madhurya